Prescription and over-the-counter drugs are supposed to help what ails you, not make you more sick or expose you to dangers and side effects that increase your risk of developing a whole new illness or condition. Yet, some of the most commonly prescribed medications and store bought drugs are doing just that.
Current Pharmaceutical Drug Injury Investigations, Claims and Lawsuits
- Abilify Lawsuit – Patients have developed serious impulse control issues and compulsive behaviors after taking Abilify, Abilify Maintena, and Aristada, including compulsive gambling, spending, or eating, and hypersexuality.
- Amiodarone Lawsuit – this anti-arrhythmic heart drug has been linked to pulmonary fibrosis and other serious forms of lung disease, blindness, and even death. Despite warnings from the FDA, the drug maker promoted the heart medication for the off-label treatments, without providing physicians with information about the increased risks of pulmonary fibrosis and types of lung damage.
- Invokana Lawsuit – the commonly used Invokana diabetes medication had been linked to several adverse events that have patients, physicians, and the FDA concerned. These side effects include serious urinary tract infections, kidney failure, heart attack, and leg, foot, and toe amputations.
- Levaquin Lawsuit – fluoroquinolone antibiotics like Levaquin and Avelox are prescribed more than 25 million times a year. Yet these drugs have been linked to severe adverse events including nerve damage, aortic dissections, and aortic aneurysms.
- Nexium Lawsuit – two of the country’s most popular heartburn medications have been shown to increase the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and renal failure and other kidney complications.
- Opioid Lawsuit – patients and families are seeking justice and compensation for prescription opioid addictions that caused their lives to spiral out of control, killing some and causing others to receive rehabilitation or inpatient treatment to get their lives back.
- PPI Stomach Cancer Lawsuit – commonly used proton pump inhibitors Prilosec, Prevacid, and Nexium may increase your likelihood of developing stomach cancer. Some users may have eight-times the risk of cancer than those who do not use PPI medications.
- Risperdal Lawsuit – men and boys across the country have developed breasts after taking the atypical antipsychotic Risperdal. This condition, known as gynecomastia, can cause males to develop large breasts, and even cause leakage of milky fluid from the nipples.
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome Lawsuit – popular over-the-counter drugs and commonly prescribed medications have been linked to the potentially fatal allergic reaction Stevens-Johnson Syndrome or its more severe form Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, which causes the skin to slough off and mucous membranes to erode, increasing the risks of severe infection, organ damage, and death.
- Tasigna Lawsuit – some patients treated with Tasigna have developed a serious condition called atherosclerosis, or rapid hardening of the arteries which resulted in them suffering tissue death, heart attack, amputations and death.
- Taxotere Lawsuit – the breast cancer chemotherapy drug Taxotere has been linked to a condition known as alopecia, or the permanent loss of body hair, including hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, and pubic hair.
- Xarelto Lawsuit – a warfarin competitor, the anticoagulant medication Xarelto can cause uncontrolled bleeding, a dangerous and deadly side effect as the drug has no known antidote or reversal agent. Thousands of cases have been filed on behalf of persons who suffered uncontrolled intestinal bleeding and brain hemorrhaging as well as other types of bleeding events.