Table of Contents
The position of a debt collector is to acquire bad debts and to pursue the related consumer repeatedly until payment is collected or a debt collector phone harassment lawsuit is filed. This is to be done at all hours of the day and night, while using forceful language and contacting the consumer via, mail, email, phone, carrier pigeon, FedEx, USPS, UPS, telegram and any other means necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and prioritize a large number of debts that can make the company the most money by collecting payments. Basic prioritization skills and a sense of entitlement are required.
- Serve the company by pursuing consumers that owe on their debts relentlessly. Assisting fellow debt collectors may be needed, and applicants should be ready and able to assist in any way.
- Advise consumers of their choices and consequences of non-payment. Skillful dialogue may be required in order to persuade the consumers to pay what they owe.
- Secure payment from consumers and recording it appropriately and legally. Knowledge of methods of payment accepted as well as the final dollar amounts are regular tasks and should be completed in accordance with federal and company laws.
- Knowledge of federal laws especially the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act should be known but not necessarily applied.
- High school diploma is required, but further education is not necessary.
- Strong listening skills are needed for this position. Debt collectors must be able to listen as to when they will receive payment and how the consumer is going to pay, as well as what amount.
- Computer and telephone are used daily as the main tools to contact debtors, and position requires knowledge and experience with these tools.
- Review of loans and sales terms and documents shall be done weekly.
Key Working Relationships
This position will report to management staff, but will be expected to work with little to no supervision daily. A need for persuasive action and language is beneficial to the consumer as they will feel obligated to pay their debts. Relationships with consumers must be maintained at all times regardless of what they feel or think.
Hours of Work
Until contact is made with the consumer. This could mean all hours of the night and/or day, including weekends. Debt collectors may be asked to be on-call and provide results in a moment’s notice. Unresponsive debtors may require more time, and collectors need to adjust their schedule as necessary.
Call Now For a Free & Confidential Case Evaluation 877-571-8918