U.S. workers are the backbone of the country but far too many times they are paid the wages they deserve and are legally entitled to. When these workers aren’t paid as they should be, making ends meet is difficult at best. Yet this is exactly when creditors start harassing for money. Several federal laws protect workers from wage theft and debt collector harassment.
Current Negligence And Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Commercial Plane Accident Lawsuit – every year across the country passengers get seriously hurt or fatally injured due to the negligence of others. Injured passengers and the families of those who died may be entitled to seek justice and compensation for their losses.
- Debt Collector Phone Harassment Lawsuit – robocalling, auto dialing, and harassing debt collection calls are illegal, and consumers have the legal right to make the calls stop. Action can be taken again debt collections, student loan servicers, banks, mortgage companies and other creditors under two separate federal laws.
- Helicopter Accident Lawsuit – traveling by helicopter is one of the most dangerous ways to travel, especially when pilot error is considered the most common reason for crashes. Helicopter crashes occur at a much higher rate then plane crashes, and private helicopter crashes occur even more.
- Hurricane Harvey Insurance Lawsuit – Some insurance providers are unfairly denying, delaying, and lowballing Hurricane Harvey damage claims filed by residential and commercial property owners. We don’t let them get away with it.
- Hurricane Irma Insurance Lawsuit – Hurricane Irma hit the Virgin Islands before slamming into the mainland. Insurance providers have been playing games with residential and commercial property owner damage claims across all affected areas trying to protect their bottom lines.
- Hurricane Maria Insurance Lawsuit – Puerto Rico continues to struggle to rebuild and restore communities, yet insurance providers are being hit with millions in fines for not handling insurance damage claims according to the law.
- Las Vegas Mass Shooting Lawsuit – hundreds of mass shootings occur in the United States killing and injuring thousands every year. Victims and their families have the power to enact change and seek justice.
- Long-Term Disability (SSDI) Denial Lawsuit – insurance companies routinely and unfairly deny workers disability insurance claims, leaving them unable to work and earn an income. The time and effort it takes to navigate the complexities of the disability system defeats many who are eligible for this protection.
- Mesothelioma Lawsuit – Thousands of people are diagnosed every year with mesothelioma, a form of cancer that results from asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma patients and their families may be entitled to significant compensation.
- NCAA Concussion Lawsuit – collegiate sports players allege the NCAA and athletic organizations did not take appropriate actions to protect players from devastating concussions and did not warn student-athletes of the dangers of concussion even though the NCAA knew of them.
- Nursing Home Abuse & Bedsores Lawsuit – thousands of patients die every year due to bedsores, even though these injuries are never to happen in a healthcare setting whether in a hospital, nursing home or in the home-health setting.
- Oklahoma Fracking Earthquake Lawsuit – property owners across Oklahoma face mounting repairs from repeated earthquakes caused by the high-pressure injection of fracking wastewater deep into the earth. Home and business owners have rights, and we help defend those rights.
- Private Plane Accident Lawsuit – hundreds of lives are lost every year in private aviation crashes, and most of those accidents are completely preventable. Victims and their families need to be aware of time limits that could prevent them from seeking justice for their losses.
- Skiing & Snowboarding Accident Lawsuit – when the actions and behaviors of someone else or operator negligence cause injuries, the victims may be entitled to compensation even with the assumption of risk that comes with engaging in inherently dangerous sports.
- Train & Railroad Accident Lawsuit – train derailments, collisions, exposure to toxic or hazardous materials, railroad crossing accidents, and railroad worker injuries are the most common and deadly types of rail accidents and claim the lives of hundreds each year.
- Unpaid/Stolen Overtime Pay Lawsuit – 76 percent of workers do not receive their legally required overtime pay, 70 percent of workers come in early or stay late without getting paid, and improper classification continues to be one of the most serious problems facing workers today.